You are here:

  • Admissions above the PAN Read advice on admitting pupils above the published admission number (PAN), and the different ways maintained schools and academies can be directed to admit above the PAN.
  • Increasing the published admission number (PAN) Find out who's responsible for increasing your published admission number (PAN), how to prepare if an increase is coming, and see an example of a school consultation plan.
  • Reducing the published admission number (PAN) Admission authorities must consult when they propose to decrease a school's PAN. See information on timescales and who must be consulted. If you're a special school, find out how to change your agreed pupil number.